Manchester United could make a surprise move to re-sign Boca Juniors’ 35-year-old Argentina forward Carlos Tevez.
Manchester United – Rashford Injury
As ace striker Marcus Rashford is suffering a double stress fracture in his back – and out for the rest of the season – United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking for a potential replacement.
If the move materialised, It would be 11 years since he left Manchester United to join rival City. Tevez has been identified as a possibility, according to Tuttosport.
Carlos Tevez – Current Team
The 35-year-old is currently in his third spell with Boca Juniors, but is out of contract since June, and would provide a economical option for United boss. At the same time he would be an experienced head in the United dressing room.
Carlos Tevez in Manchester United
In his previous spell at Old Trafford between 2007 and 2009, Carlos Tevez scored 34 times in all competitions, winning two Premier League titles and the Champions League. In the second session, Tevez ended up falling behind the likes of Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney in the pecking order. This led to his sensational move to Manchester City, where he’d go on to establish himself as a club legend. As a result of that shock move, Tevez alienated United fans.
Ole Solskjaer has repeated expressed his desire to make signings in January after a poor run, as United is currently at 5th spot in Premier League.
Carlos Tevez – Team and Performance
|West Ham United||2006-07||29||7|
- Is Manchester United bringing back Carlos Tevez in a loan deal
- Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang agrees to join Barcelona
- Liverpool survive fierce Wolves attack, to clinch 2-1 win
- 10-man Arsenal fight back to earn 2-2 draw against Chelsea
- Liverpool beats Manchester United 2-0, to extend Premier League lead
- Spurs 0-0 Watford: Gazzaniga saves penalty, Mourinho asks for patience