Inter Milan were held for 1-1 draw against Cagliari at San Siro. Lautaro Martinez provided InterMilan lead at 29th minute. Radja Nainggolan lavelled for Cagliari eleven minutes to the end of the match.
Ashley Young Debut against Cagliari
Playing for Antonio Conte’s side at right wing-back, he assited for Lautaro Martinez to head in their opener. on his debut as the 34-year-old former England international joined Serie A’s second-placed team for £1.28m from Old Traford last week.
But Radja Nainggolan, on loan from Inter, equalised against his parent club with a long-range deflected shot.
Young, the first Englishman to play for Inter since Paul Ince in 1997, has now managed more assists in Serie A than the Premier League in the past year. He failed to set up a league goal in his final 31 appearances for United – a run going back to December 2018.
Inter manager Antonio Conte suffering from Tachycardia
Inter manager Antonio Conte had to be treated by medical staff after the match. Conte stormed onto the pitch following the full-time whistle to have a go at referee Gianluca Manganiello for how he had refereed the match which ended with him sending off Inter striker Lautaro Martinez.
Inter team manager Gabriele ‘Lele’ Oriali tried his best to hold Conte back, but it was of no use as the former Italian national team manager was suffering from tachycardia (a condition where the heart beats at more than 100 times per minute) and the medical staff gave him tablets to calm his heart rate.
Conte was not available for post-match interviews, and left San Siro immediately thereafter, while his counterpart at Cagliari, Rolando Maran, was speaking to the gathered media.
Lautaro Martinez Red card and Ban
Goal-scorer Martinez was sent off in injury time for two consecutive booking. He could potentially be banned for as many as three games.
The Argentine international saw red right at the end of the game has he reacted angrily to be being booked as he appeared to shout something in the face of referee Gianluca Manganiello.
As a result of ban, he would be unavailable for the Udinese, AC Milan and Lazio matches.
The 22-year-old striker will also be fined by the club for his actions as per club protocol relating to protesting a sending off. Martinez may not be the only one punished when the sports judge gives his verdict tomorrow, the report from the Milan based newspaper goes on to state.
Tomasso Berni was sent off right at the end of the match whilst Andrea Ranocchia appeared to spit at the fourth official and Danilo D’Ambrosio got angry with Manangiello in the tunnel post-match.
Inter Milan are three points behind Juventus, who lost 2-1 to Napoli later on Sunday.
- Juventus 1:2 Napoli – Sarri’s Juve lost to Napoli, Ronaldo scored
- PSG 2:0 Lille – Neymar remember Kobe Bryant after second goal
- Inter 1:1 Cagliari – Martinez saw red, to be handed 3 match ban
- Bayern 5-0 Schalke: Lewandowski scores, Bayern at second spot
- Barcelona 0-2 Valencia: Maxi Gomez hands Setien first La Liga defeat
- Milan 1-0 Brescia: Rebic scored, Milan at sixth spot in Serie-A
- Dortmund 5:1 Köln – Haaland scored double in Dortmund win
- Is Manchester United bringing back Carlos Tevez in a loan deal
- Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang agrees to join Barcelona
- Liverpool survive fierce Wolves attack, to clinch 2-1 win
- 10-man Arsenal fight back to earn 2-2 draw against Chelsea
- Dortmund 5:3 Augsburg – Haaland hat-trick on debut