Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham has informed the club that he will sign a new deal if he gets an offer of around £130,000 a week.
Abraham has been in fine form this season and he has just two years left on his current contract. It will be interesting to see if the Blues give in to his demands.
Abraham wants a similar pay to that of Callum Hudson-Odoi, who earns £120,000 plus bonuses.
The 22-year-old has scored 15 goals for Frank Lampard’s side this season and he is only going to get better with experience and coaching. Chelsea cannot afford to lose a talent like him just yet.
The Blues should do their best to tie him down to a long-term contract this summer.
Abraham has scored quite a few vital goals for the Blues this season and they wouldn’t be in the top three without his contributions.
His goals have directly earned 14 points in the league for Chelsea. He was instrumental in Chelsea’s win over Crystal Palace last night as well.
Chelsea have offered new signing Timo Werner a five-year deal worth around £170,000 a week.
Abraham has already proven his quality in English football in the Championship as well as the Premier League. It is hardly surprising that he wants wages to match his talent.
Chelsea certainly have the financial muscle to shell out top dollar for their key players and it remains to be seen if the two parties can agree on a deal soon.
- Barcelona President feels Neymar return is unlikely
- Ibrahimovic led Milan comeback win, as Juventus conceded 2-0 lead
- Perez infatuated with Greenwood, wishes to bring him to Real Madrid
- Chelsea 3-2 Palace: Giroud, Pulisic, Abraham scored for Chelsea
- Arsenal Transfer Update: Alexandre Lacazette, Thomas Partey
- Lampard urged Tammy Abraham to focus on training