- Spain, Portugal and Iran have realistic chances to qualify.
- Morocco is already eliminated, will face Spain.
- Iran to face Portugal in a must win match.
- FIFA has put in place seven tie-breakers for distinct ranking of four team in a group
As per group table, Spain and Portugal are at the top of the Group-B. They are equal in Goal difference as well as Goal scoring after two group league matches. They have highest probability to find a place in Round of 16.
Different scenarios that could decide Group-B winners are below,
Straight win or draw will take the group heavy-weights to next round, any other results will make complicated situation. Some of the scenarios may require Tie-breaker, as introduced by FIFA.
HOW THE TEAMS WILL BE RANKED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE GROUPS
1. Points obtained in all group matches
2. Goal difference in all group matches
3. Goals scored in all group matches
4. Points obtained in matches between tied teams
5. Goal difference in matches between tied teams
6. Goals scored in matches between tied teams
7. Fair play points system where the team with the most minus points finishing lower
The fair play points are calculated as follows: yellow card (-1), indirect red through second yellow (-3), straight red card (-4). This is most likely only to come into play in two-team ties and even then is unlikely – but will be used if England and Belgium draw tonight.
8. Drawing of lots by the Fifa Organising Committee