Tottenham Hotspur beat Aston Villa 3-2 at Villa Park to move to fifth place at Premier league table, as Son Heung-min scored two goals, including the injury-time winner.
It was on a nervy day for Mourinho’s Tottenham side, as the Tottenham captain greeted Chesea captain John Terry during his time as Chelsea boss, Terry is currently with Aston Villa as a coaching staff.
After scoring in the first half from penalty kick rebound, the South Korean was denied three times in the second half by an Pepe Reina, before he exploit on a Bjorn Engels mistake during stoppage time.
It was day of redemption at Villa Park for Toby Alderweireld, as the Spurs centerback scored an own goal to give Aston Villa 1-0 lead before hitting a thunderous shot on turn to level the game 1-1.
It was the same for Son who stepped up to take a penalty after Engels brought down his new teammate Steven Bergwijn – only to miss and then tap in on the rebound.
Engels made up for his error heading home an equaliser, and the South Korean attacker could have looked back on this game with regret after failing on three occasions to beat the experienced Reina.
But Engels went from zero to hero and back to zero when he failed to control a ball which rolled past him and Son scored past Reina in a one on one situation during dying moment of the match, to give Tottenham three points.
Son Heung-min has now scored six goals in five matches, Mourinho will be hoping his attacker would continue his super-scoring form against RB Leipzig of Bundesliga in round of 16, as they pursue Champions League title.
It was comical and competitive Jose, to replace Steven Bergwijn with Jan Vertonghen, few seconds before the end of the match.
Reaction – Son Heung-min
Gary Linekar – Tweet
- Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle: Gunners produced Superb Second-half show
- Aston Villa 2-3 Tottenham: Spurs snatched victory with a injury-time goal
- Juventus 2-0 Brescia: Juve sail past Brescia without Ronaldo, Dybala shines
- Amiens 4-4 PSG: 17-year-old Tanguy Kouassi scored a double for PSG
- Barcelona 2-1 Getafe: La Liga Champion struggle to get past Getafe
- Dortmund 4-0 Eintracht: Sancho, Haaland score again in Dortmund win
- Manchester City banned from UEFA competitions for next two seasons
- Milan 1-1 Juventus: Ronaldo scored from a spot-kick at Injury time
- Top 10 Countries with highest number of Ballon d’Or Wins