Juventus missed several chances after Brescia were reduced to 10 men when Florian Aye brought down Aaron Ramsey on the edge of the box and received his second yellow card in four minutes. Dybala scored from a curling freekick from 25 yards immediately after the Aye red card.
Juan Cuadrado then grabbed with second with 15 minutes left to play when Cuadrado played a superb one-two with Matuidi and squeezed through the Brescia defence before firing low into the bottom corner from 10 yards. Moments later Dybala took on a long ball first time and volley into the arms of the Brescia goalkeeper, then Daniele Rugani hit the crossbar with a header.
An early clash with Gonzalo Higuain left Brescia goalkeeper Enrico Alfonso unable to continue, and he was replaced by the club’s third-choice stopper Lorenzo Andrenacci after nine minutes.
Juventus could have been a goal up just after the half-hour when Gonzalo Higuain set a perfect ball for Dybala whose shot was way off target.
Despite being under pressure for the majority of the first half, Brescia were dangerous on the counter-attack when Birkir Bjarnason head went straight to Wojciech Szczesny.
A Mario Balotelli freekick was placed high and wide, then Paulo Dybala swung a nice ball in for Cuadrado, but he could only fire wide.
After the break, Higuain forced a great save by Andrenacci before Stefano Sabelli cleared off the line, then Dybala put a freekick over the crossbar.
Dybala and Higuain showed tremendous understanding the latter fed the former, only to find that Juventus No.10’s shot to be saved by Bjarnason on the penalty spot.
Miralem Pjanic lasted just seven minutes when Blaise Matuidi substituted the substitute after picking up an injury. Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini was brought back in place of Leonardo Bonucci by Sarri, two minutes after Juventus’s second goal.
- Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle: Gunners produced Superb Second-half show
- Aston Villa 2-3 Tottenham: Spurs snatched victory with a injury-time goal
- Juventus 2-0 Brescia: Juve sail past Brescia without Ronaldo, Dybala shines
- Amiens 4-4 PSG: 17-year-old Tanguy Kouassi scored a double for PSG
- Barcelona 2-1 Getafe: La Liga Champion struggle to get past Getafe
- Dortmund 4-0 Eintracht: Sancho, Haaland score again in Dortmund win
- Manchester City banned from UEFA competitions for next two seasons
- Milan 1-1 Juventus: Ronaldo scored from a spot-kick at Injury time
- Top 10 Countries with highest number of Ballon d’Or Wins