Juventus which is currently placed second in the league table, lost to Lazio which is placed third, 1-3. With this loss the gap between them and league topper Inter become 2 points.
Cristiano Ronaldo tapped in from close range to put defending champion ahead midway through the first half. But, Lazio came from behind to beat 10-man Juventus and hand the defending Serie A champions their first defeat of the season.
Lazio levelled 1-1, just before the break when Luiz Felipe headed in before Juan Cuadrado was sent off and that become turning point of the match.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic slotted in to put Lazio ahead before Felipe Caicedo blasted home to seal the win.
The win could have even been by a bigger margin but Ciro Immobile’s penalty was saved by Wojciech Szczesny. It was a spectacular double save during penalty.
Lazio, who are third, move to within three points of second-placed Juventus.
- Premier League
- Tottenham vs Burnley: Spurs look like a different side, win 5-0
- Liverpool vs Bournemouth: Liverpool look like champion this time, win 3-0
- Man United vs Man City: James, Rashford and Martial shine in United win
- La Liga
- Barcelona vs Mallorca: Messi scored a hat-trick as Barcelona win 5-2
- Real Madrid vs Espanyol: 10 men Real beat Espanyol 2-0
- Atletico vs Villarreal: ‘Toothless’ Atletico at 7th place in table
- Serie A
- Inter vs Roma: Conte slammed San Siro jeers after draw
- Juventus vs Lazio: 10 men Juventus lost to Lazio 1-3
- Bayern vs Mönchengladbach: Bayern conceded the lead to lose 1-2
- Dortmund vs Fortuna: BVB destroyed Dusseldoft 5-0
- Ligue 1
- PSG vs Montpellier: Neymar inspired late comeback, as PSG win 3-1