Tottenham are looking to sign Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona this summer.
As per reports, they are prepared to pay him big wages as well. Harry Kane currently earns around £200,000-a-week at Spurs and the Londoners will pay similar wages to the Brazilian.
Coutinho is unwanted at Barcelona and he needs to leave the club permanently.
Bayern signed him on loan for this season but they are not keen on extending his stay either.
It will be interesting to see if Coutinho makes a return to the Premier League now.
Chelsea are keen on the player as well. As per Express, they are now leading the race to sign the playmaker.
It will be interesting to see where the former Liverpool star ends up this summer. Arsenal have been linked as well but they might not be able to compete financially.
Coutinho is a world class player on his day and he was expected to replace Iniesta at Barcelona. However, the move has not worked out for him or the club.
He has struggled to adapt to Barcelona’s style and the Catalans have found it difficult to chalk out a role for him in the starting lineup.
Coutinho has played in the central midfield and the wing but he has not been at his best.
The Brazilian played some of his best football in the Premier League and a return to England would be ideal for him.
Spurs or Chelsea will give him regular first team football and the chance to regain his confidence and form.
He could still make a big difference to either side if he joins them.
- Odion Ighalo to extend Man United contract to Jan 31
- Tottenham interested in signing Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho
- Arsenal eyeing Jordi Osei-Tutu as Hector Bellerin backup
- Harvey Elliott snubbed Sergio Ramos offer after Salah injury
- Juve captain Giorgio Chiellini defends Everton striker Moise Kean
- Dennis Bergkamp reveals Wenger’s error that caused Arsenal’s decline
- Gladbach 4-1 Union: Thuram double keep Gladbach in top four race
- Dortmund 6-1 Paderborn: Sancho hits hat-trick