Liverpool youngster Harvey Elliott has revealed that he turned down the chance to meet Sergio Ramos back then Real Madrid tried to sign him.
The talented winger explained that Los Blancos were keen on signing him and they gave him a tour of the club’s training complex and the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
Apparently, he was unhappy with what Sergio Ramos did to Mohamed Salah during the Champions League final in Kyiv and that is why he refused to meet the Spanish defender after his tour of Real Madrid’s facilities.
He said: “I don’t like him after what he did to Mo Salah.”
The youngster is a fan of Mohamed Salah and he explained that the Egyptian is very helpful. Salah has helped Elliott off the pitch and he has been a role model for the young players at the club.
Liverpool ended up signing the youngster and he has proven to a superb signing so far.
Elliott is already a part of the first team setup and he has had his chances in the cup games.
Jurgen Klopp will be impressed with what he has seen from the youngster so far. Not only is he an intelligent player, his technical ability and flair is quite impressive for someone of his age.
Elliott has shown that he has what it takes to be a starter for Liverpool. If he continues to develop at this rate, he could be a part of Klopp’s starting lineup soon.
- Odion Ighalo to extend Man United contract to Jan 31
- Tottenham interested in signing Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho
- Arsenal eyeing Jordi Osei-Tutu as Hector Bellerin backup
- Harvey Elliott snubbed Sergio Ramos offer after Salah injury
- Juve captain Giorgio Chiellini defends Everton striker Moise Kean
- Dennis Bergkamp reveals Wenger’s error that caused Arsenal’s decline
- Gladbach 4-1 Union: Thuram double keep Gladbach in top four race
- Dortmund 6-1 Paderborn: Sancho hits hat-trick