Mohamed Salah’s braces helped Premier League leaders Liverpool to get past Watford after the initial struggle.
Salah curled kick swang into the far corner post from a pass from Sadio Mane, before scoring the second through a stylish flick in the final minute of match time at Anfield.
It was evident from the very beginning that table-topper are going to dominate the team in the relegation range.
Sadio Mane’s goal from a header, was ruled out for offside after a review by the video assistant referee (VAR). Salah squandered opportunities of his own too.
Liverpool were made to work very hard for their victory – goalkeeper Alisson making smart saves after the half-time, while Watford’s Ismaila Sarr also made impossible waste from close range.
Liverpool fans had some anxious moments when Van Dijk almost passed the ball into his goal after a mix up with Alisson, and Trent Alexander-Arnold was caught out of possession on the right.
Liverpool remain unbeaten in the league after 17 matches this season while Watford are at the bottom of the table.
- Premier League
- Liverpool vs Wartford: Salah braces ensure Red win over Wartford
- Tottenham 2-1 Wolves: Vertonghen earned late winner for Spurs
- Manchester United 1-1 Everton: Draw saw United at 6th place in table
- Manchester City 3-0 Arsenal: De Bruyne braces helped City to win
- Bayern vs Werder: Bayern win 6-1, Coutinho scored hat-trick, Lewandowski braces
- Dortmund vs Mainz: Dortmund win 4-0, Sancho scored consecutive six
- La Liga
- Barcelona vs Real Sociedad: Barca held for a 2-2 draw
- Real Madrid 1:1 Valencia: Benzema scored equaliser during final moments
- Serie A
- Juventus 3-1 Udinese: Ronaldo-Dybala-Higuain start, Ronaldo scores double
- Inter Milan 1-1 Fiorentina: Inter concede lead to draw at injury time
- Ligue 1
- PSG 4-0 St.Etlenne: Mbappe, Paredes and Icardi score