Manchester City overcame a spirited Sheffield to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals. The winner of Carabao Cup at Wembley , hence would stay on course for a domestic and European cup treble, if they succeed in both the competition.
City moved into the quarterfinal of the FA Cup as Sergio Aguero’s 23rd goal of current season saw off their Championship opponents at Hillsborough. As Argentine found the net with a strong left-foot finish, has now scored 20 FA Cup goals in 22 ties since joining City in 2011.
Manchester City defenders Nicolas Otamendi and Benjamin Mendy both hit the bar when the tie was goalless yet City, who dominated possession and had whooping 80% of ball possession.
Wednesday have endured a wretched run of form and although City keeper Claudio Bravo did not have a save to make. Sheffield Wednesday had only one shot on City goal, which again was not on target.
Manchester city have won their last five FA cup games against sides from a lower division scoring 22 goals in the process. The last search defeat Kim at the stage in the 2017-18 with Pep Guardiola’s side losing 01 at Wigan.
- Man City 1-0 Sheff. Wednesday: City moved to quarterfinal
- Serie A: Matches will be played behind closed doors until April 3
- Alexis Sanchez Transfer: Inter offer half of £400k-a-week wages
- Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Chelsea knocked Liverpool out of FA Cup
- Ronaldo rushed to Portugal amid report on mother’s stroke
- Coppa Italia Semifinal: Juventus vs AC Milan postponed
- Former Liverpool player Daniel Sturridge banned for betting breaches
- Carlo Ancelotti, Everton manager charged with misconduct by the FA
- Twitter Reactions to Ronaldo’s presence in Bernabeu for El Clásico
- Bruno Fernandes tweets after Manchester United draw vs Everton
- Everton 1-1 Man United: Bruno saved Unied after de Gea gaffe
- Real 2-0 Barcelona: El Clásico had all ingredients – including Ronaldo