Leicester City and Chelsea played out an entertaining 2-2 contest at King Power Stadium. The match maintained status quo between the third and fourth placed teams in Premier League table, as they shared one point each.
Chelsea vs Leicester City – Goals
After a goal-less first half, the match saw the first goal, when Antonio Rudiger headed Chelsea 1-0 up, from a Mason Mount’s corner.
Brendan Rodgers’ team levelled at 54th minute, Harvey Barnes’ effort deflected off Chelsea defender Reece James into the top-right corner. Barnes has scored in three consecutive premier league games for the first time. Willy Caballero who replaced Kepa in Chelsea goal today, had not much to do this time.
For the second goal, Caballero followed a ball and realised that he could not reach there. Though he went back to the goal at right time, but Ben Chilwell shot from 10 yard into the bottom left corner at near post, was perfect.
Antonio Rudiger levelled once again from another Mount delivery – ensured Frank Lampard’s side claimed a point. Antionio Rudiger became the first defender to score a double in a League match for Chelsea since John Terry scored against Fulham in April 2013.
Willy Caballero at Chelsea Goal
At 38 years 126 days, Chelsea keeper Willy Caballero became the oldest player to appear in the Premier League so far this season. Frank Lampard said after the game, “His performance was pretty good – he makes a good save, he’s comfortable with his feet, there was not much you could do with either goal.”
The Argentine made two saves, One 28th minute of the match, when he stretched his leg to deny Jamie Vardy first goal of the match. Then he denied Barnes the winner at 84th minute of the match.
- Golden Shoe Race: Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, SerieA, Ligue1
- Premier League
- Spurs 2-0 City: Bergwin’s debut stike set Tottenham win over City
- Man United 0-0 Wolves: United lost points in Bruno debut-match
- Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: Reds move another step towards title
- Serie A
- Inter 2:0 Udinese – Lukaku’s brace lift Inter in second spot
- Juventus 3-0 Fiorentina: Ronaldo scored in nine straight games
- La Liga
- Barcelona 2:1 Levante – Fati, youngest player to score LaLiga double
- Real 1-0 Atletico: Zidane inspires Real to beat Atletico in Madrid derby
- Ligue 1
- PSG 5-0 Montpellier: PSG thump visitors; Mbappe and Neymar fume