Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Alexis Sanchez is set to return to Old Trafford, adding: “He’ll prove you all wrong.”
Sanchez was sent out on loan to Inter Milan in the summer after failing to hit the ground running at United, following his switch from Arsenal.
His Man United career looked to be finished as a result of the loan move, but Solskjaer has suggested he’s going to take reconsider the Chilean’s position at the club at the end of the season.
In his Tuesday press conference, the Red Devils boss said: “Alexis will come back in the summer and prove you all wrong.”
Sanchez, United’s highest earner on about £400,000 a week, has said he doesn’t “regret going there” despite struggling to make an impact.
Injuries have hampered his appearances at Inter, meaning he has played just seven times for the Serie A side this season and scored one goal. Sanchez got an ankle injury in an international friendly against Colombia and took months off to be back for Inter Milan.
Manchester United are yet to make a signing this January, despite being linked to a whole host of world-class individuals. On the difficulties of signing players mid-season, the Norwegian said: “I haven’t got any updates for you on transfers, I think it was a waste (of a question), I gave you the option.
“I haven’t got anything to say now, my mind is on the game.” He added: “We’ve got players here that we’re working hard to get back as well and if there is something out there then the club is pursuing that and it’s difficult.
“I can’t remember how many good ones we’ve brought in and good deals in January.
“Henrik [Larsson] was good, Nemanja [Vidic] and Patrice [Evra], I’m talking about it’s hard, very hard, the clubs don’t want to lose their best players.”
- Solskjaer confirms Alexis Sanchez will return to United in summer
- Flamengo sign Gabriel Barbosa ‘Gabigol’ from Inter for €17m
- Arsenal 2-1 Bournemouth – Saka and brigade keeping fans optimistic
- Real Madrid 1:0 Valladolid – Zidane found winning formula sans #7
- PSG 2:0 Lille – Neymar remember Kobe Bryant after second goal
- Inter 1:1 Cagliari – Martinez saw red, to be handed 3 match ban
- Bayern 5-0 Schalke: Lewandowski scores, Bayern at second spot
- Barcelona 0-2 Valencia: Maxi Gomez hands Setien first La Liga defeat
- Milan 1-0 Brescia: Rebic scored, Milan at sixth spot in Serie-A
- Dortmund 5:1 Köln – Haaland scored double in Dortmund win
- Is Manchester United bringing back Carlos Tevez in a loan deal