Manchester United picked up a 2-0 win over Leicester City in the Premier League.
Goals from Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard helped the Red Devils secure a top three finish. United went into the game hoping to seal Champions League qualificationfor the next season and they will be delighted with the result.
Despite not being at their best, United managed to grind out a priceless win.
The Red Devils scored twice in the second half to pick up all three points. Fernandes converted from the spot and Lingard hammered home deep into injury time.
Meanwhile, Leicester City will be terribly disappointed with their end to the season. At one point, they were in the title race along with City and Liverpool. Now, they have failed to finish in the top four.
Having spent so many weeks in the top four, they will be devastated to have missed out on Champions League qualification.
Brendan Rodgers’ men have had a miserable second half of the season.
Leicester are in the Europa League now and it will be interesting to see how Brendan Rodgers picks his side up after this blow.
The Foxes needed a win at home today to secure Champions League football and they struggled to break down United. Experienced defender Jonny Evans produced a horror show against his former side and he gave away a penalty. He was also sent off eventually.
- Chelsea 2-0 Wolves:Mount, Giroud secure top-four finish
- Tottenham 1-1 Palace: Spurs claimed sixth spot ahead of Wolves
- Aston Villa survived; Watford, Bournemouth relegated
- Man United, Chelsea, Leicester-Champions League Qualification Probability
- Tottenham or Wolves-Europa League Qualification Probability
- Bournemouth, Watford, Aston Villa-Premier League Relegation Probability